We are two PhD-qualified civil/structural engineers (English and German native speakers) with over 20 years of combined research and industry experience in civil/structural engineering.
We specialize in translations in the field of civil engineering, as we believe that an in-depth understanding of the subject area is essential to produce high-quality translations. We translate and edit technical documents, such as journal papers, technical books, dissertations and technical reports.
We are committed to delivering high-quality results and we aim to produce documents that can be used without requiring any further modifications.
In order to produce such high-quality documents, we use the following steps*:
- Initial translation / editing of the text, focusing on grammar and spelling as well as on the flow and clarity of the text
- Resolving any issues concerning the content of the document through communication with the client
- Proofreading of the document by the translator or editor
- For translations: proofreading of the document by a second translator or editor (4-eyes principle)
* If necessary, for urgent contracts individual steps might be left out to deliver the finalized document in time.